Taking me as I am

Thursday, November 1, 2007

I love that from day one he has taken me as I am. No masks, no secrets, no need to hide my true self. I have always had a problem with my image, especially my weight. Not that I'm obese, but put it this way...I hate shopping for new clothes! I never thought a man could love all of me for me. I always thought I would have to lose weight and try to look like a supermodel before I found someone. Sometimes when I went out with my friends I would get jealous, they were so beautiful and always knew how to pick up a guy, or a guy knew how to pick them up. One person I envied the most was my older sister. I thought she had it all, the smarts and the looks. She was the popular girl in the popular crowd. Everyone knew me because they knew her. "Oh yeah that's right, you're her sister." I felt that I would only be known as the "sister" and not as me. Even some teachers would call me by her name and she hadn't been in their class for two years! As we got older there were times when she finally let me hang out with her and her friends, but I still felt unwanted. I was tired of being compared to her and to everyone else, I just wanted to be loved for being me...I just wanted to be me. I'm a t-shirt and jeans girl, a football loving, loud talking, city girl. I don't want to try to impress a guy because of the things I can do or the pretty clothes I can put on for a night out. He is going to know me in my comfort zone and love me in my comfort zone.



And this he does. I can be my t-shirt and jeans wearing, football loving, loud talking, city girl self . I can spit my gum out the car window and not have to worry whether I'm being "lady like". There are times when I like to be a lady and be more proper, but I don't have to think twice if I'm just relaxing and lounging around the house. I didn't have to win over my boyfriend by pretending to be someone else. I didn't have to dress up and put make-up on like when I went out with my sister. I can let my guard down and open up to him about anything and everything. Although I'm not sloppy, there is no need to be obsessive about my image. There is no need to ask him, "Do I look fat in this?", because there is no need to care. With him I feel confident as I always should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS