Simple Strawberry Muffins {and a Giveaway!}

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Today's post is sponsored by Finlandia, but my love for their butter is all my own! 


Is there anything better than waking up in the morning to the smell of fresh strawberry muffins? Well there is, and it's topping those strawberry muffins with Finlandia butter



You may have heard of and tried Finlandia Cheese, but soon you will hear many speaking of how much they enjoy Finlandia imported butter

I used the unsalted in my strawberry muffin recipe and topped it off with the perfectly salted butter. I was really surprised by the rich taste, it's probably the best butter I've ever had...seriously! {No April Fool's joke here!}


The recipe called for two sticks of butter and Finlandia butter comes in 7 oz packages, just shy of two sticks, which usually measures to about 8 ounces. Despite the slight difference in the amount of butter used, the muffins turned out quite delicious! 


Fun Facts about Finlandia Butter: 

"Finlandia Butter provides authentic flavor still made the old fashioned way. With Pure fresh milk from cows cared for on small Finnish family-owned farms. Nothing artificial. No added Hormones. This creamy, delicious butter starts with the purest milk in Europe from small Finnish family-owned farms where the cows are treated humanely and not given rBST or any artificial hormones. The fresh milk is carefully churned and cooled to a perfect temperature that creates a delightfully creamy flavor and smooth texture. Chosen by the most discriminating French chefs to create their famous baked goods and croissants, Finlandia Imported Butter is the ultimate butter for baking, cooking and especially, eating!"


So before I get to the giveaway for a ShopRite® gift card so you can try Finlandia butter yourself, I'm going to share my simple strawberry muffin recipe with you, so when you pick up the butter you'll have a recipe on hand to try out! 

Simple Strawberry Muffin Recipe
{Makes about 18 muffins}

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 7 oz unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 cups diced fresh strawberries {I thawed out frozen ones}
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar

Directions: 

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the cupcake liners in your muffin tins and sprinkle a dash of flour in them so the muffins don't stick. 
  2. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl until combined.  In a medium bowl combine milk, eggs, and melted butter. Make a well in the the dry mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Stir until combined. There should be some lumps, so don't over mix the batter. Next, mix in the strawberries and sugar and stir to combine.
  3. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups {I used an ice cream scoop}. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, check with a toothpick and if it comes out clean your muffins are done! Let them sit for a few minutes in the tins, then place on cooling racks to sit until ready to eat! 
{Recipe modified from Food Network}



Simple...right? Do you know what else is simple...entering my ShopRite® $25 gift card giveaway!



a Rafflecopter giveaway

{US entries only please. Giveaway will end on April 8th. Winner will be emailed and will have 48 hours to reply. After this time a new winner will be chosen. Giveaway is not affiliated with Facebook or Twitter. Thank you and Good luck!}


20 comments:

  1. I would make the 3 cheese mac and cheese recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I will have to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so yummy! Fresh and ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might try to make these for mothers day brunch- they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! THese would be a great afterschool snack.

    The butter...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The butter and muffins sound delicious! I would love to try their JalapeƱo Muenster Cheese, which I could use to make cheeseburgers or add to sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your muffins sound great and I think that the butter would be just yummy on top! Butter would be my choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we are making the move over to real butter in my house! We haven't tried this one but it's now on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would use their sharp cheddar cheese to make grilled cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like their Provolone Cheese and I would melt it on a chicken cutlet and add sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would use the butter for "healthier" chocolate chip cookies

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd use the Colby Jack in veggie quesadillas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would make a grilled cheese sandwich with their Colby Jack cheese

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would use the sharp cheddar cheese to make an omelet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would use their unsalted butter to make blueberry muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to use their imported butter for baking bread, I'd make a loaf with honey and whole wheat, and I rub the top with butter and oat flakes. And serve it with the butter while the bread is still warm from the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd use the butter to make sugar cookies!! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the Sharp Cheddar cheese and I would use it for cheese and crackers.

    rounder9834 @yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS