I was hoping to have a Christmas wreath round up post on the blog this week, but as you know life doesn't always go as planned. I've been feeling really groggy lately and that is bad news when you're trying to write. When my head is cloudy and I can't think straight, I just can't be bothered to put together a thoughtful post!
I hate going to the doctor but I can't keep putting off this feeling that I probably have a sinus infection. My voice has been horse at times and squeaky as well for about a month now and with my family history of thyroid issues, I need to get looked over. It's kind of crazy because the "family history" went from my mom being diagnosed about six years ago and having her thyroid removed to my aunt (her sister) having the same diagnosis earlier this year, and most recently my older sister was diagnosed as well. Each had stage one thyroid cancer and had the thyroid removed. My sister is still healing (her surgery was just last month) and is now discussing radioactive iodine shots with her doctor.
I actually had my thyroid checked last year with an ultra sound after I felt a hard lump in my throat area, but thankfully it came up negative (could have been a swollen gland). Ever since my mom's diagnosis and surgery six years ago I have been concerned about my own health, and now with two other women in my family going through the same thing my stress level over it has definitely risen.
{ My sister a few days after her surgery }
{That's me, my younger sister, and older sister}
This is a recent picture of my sisters and I from just this week when we went to my mom's for dinner. You can see my sister's cut right below her throat is still healing. It looks a bit darker in person, she edited this photo on her phone before posting.
{My mom about seven months after her surgery}
{Mom, sisters and I in March}
As you can see my mom's scar has healed up nicely and she has been doing well health wise. My aunt moved to Florida a few years ago and recently came up to visit. After her surgery her voice was a little horse, her doctor told her there was a chance of that. It could get better overtime or it may stay like that. She's a bit older than my mom so her body may take more time to heal.
These ladies are so strong and brave. I just can't imagine hearing that word cancer, but if I ever do I know that I have an amazing support team who will be there with me every step of the way.
Now that the family history has grown larger, I need to be on top of this and so does my younger sister. Ladies, if there are health issues in your family, don't push it aside and put it off until it's too late. Get to your doctor and get checked.
OK, I'm off to the doctor...wish me luck.





I love this article and you! Cancer runs is running rapid anymore. You can get it at any age. There are so many kinds of cancer also. Our best bet as human beings, is to know our family history and to stay on top of our doctors appointments. If cancer is caught early and treated, it is usually curable. Let me know how ya made out today. Xoxo
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon, Diana! Thanks for the reminder about going to the doctor. I've usually been good about getting checked, but with so much going on these past few months, I've put off making the appointments I know I need to. Your mom, aunt and sister are so strong, and I'm glad they caught their cancer early. It's really scary how cancer is affecting so many people of all ages.
ReplyDeletebut turn the dean barbour wax jacket sale of students beat up a meal, and then the rest of the bowl is under the dean of students barbour sale outlet coming down all drug millet gruel dean mouth. the animals, barbour quilted jacket sale actually dare video. barbour sale outlet Connection is a red light camera, cheap perspective only barbour sale outlet Especially the barbour jacket sale beauty of the body, absolutely moreish. cheap with great perseverance away the eyes, suddenly saw a red light not far from there. I am the grass, discovered the secret. Could not help
ReplyDelete