WOW...the holidays have been over for almost a month! So I am now wishing you all a Happy New Year and hope that 2012 is treating you well! I have to say this Christmas season was one of my favorites. Spending time with the girls and taking them out to all of the neighborhood holiday activities like the Christmas tree lighting, listening to people sing, and taking our picture with Santa really made this year special! Plus having my husband on vacation was also nice because we got to enjoy Christmas week together while the girls were off from school.
I know I always say this.... but I just love being an blogger/online writer and getting the chance to meet and interact with people from all over the world. I love writing positive posts that make someone's day better, and sharing information about handmade and independent shops that make a living from their passion and from making people smile. Last year I won a jewelry giveaway on my lovely friend Shawna's blog "Poppies and Sunshine" from the Etsy shop Rambles with Reese. When Reese emailed me it was no longer about winning a jewelry giveaway, but about making a new friend... a new friend all the way from Italy! You never know who is going to be on the other end or if this is just a quick email, nice to meet you, lets get this out of the way sort of thing. But when you meet people like Reese who care about who she is making her handmade product for you know she loves what she does, she puts that care and attention into her creative work, and you know you will feel proud to wear and share that piece and the person behind it with everyone.
So check out Reese's Etsy Shop and more about it on the post I did on AWS and about another sweet and kind Etsy shop owner Lindy who makes handmade greeting cards.
http://fashion.allwomenstalk.com/reasons-to-love-rambles-with-reese-jewelry/
http://lifestyle.allwomenstalk.com/fun-facts-about-etsy-shop-crafted-by-lindy/
Which brings me to other awesome people who are always so positive and put a warm, happy vibe out into the universe.... I know I don't have to name names, but if it weren't for some of these people, blogging wouldn't be so fun....
Casie from: TheNameisCasie
Heather from High Heels and Flip-Flops
Jacin from: Lovely Little Details
Shawna from PoppiesandSunshine
There are so many more names I can name, especially all of the amazing women who stop by my blog even when I have disappeared for a while. But I wanted to names these 4 amazing ladies because they are always so upbeat, positive, hard working, and always make me smile. Also because I feel a close friendship to them and feel that I can email them for advice and ask for their honest opinion on anything.
So this Christmas I made a lovely little gift for them being so awesome:
Okay this part might get a little mushy:
Thank you ladies for being nice, kind, sweet, and welcoming to a girl who always felt unliked and not good enough. In my personal life I have a loving husband and three amazing stepchildren and some great friends, but I only have one best friend (who I met in college) that has my back, who never teased me or put me down, who always encouraged me to do anything. She is a friend who Ive never had a fight with or didn't like something she did. She is a positive, warm, sweet person, just like you four ladies. Other people in my life have come and gone, ones I thought were my so called "friends" but were really talking about me, teasing me, or pushing me around. I don't call many people my friend and Ive learned who is a true friend and who isn't. So thank you for being awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Aw, thank you so much, Diana! *Trying not to cry.* Your friendship has truly meant more to me than you will ever know. Though I'm also fortunate beyond belief to have a loving husband here in DC, the truth is that my small circle of close friends and family are still in California, and it's hard not to feel lonely at times. Being able to feel so much warmth and love from you and other special bloggers has made all the difference in my life, and I value these friendships just as much as I do the "in person" ones. I tagged you in my "11 Questions" post today, too, so check it out. :) Lots of love to you, dear!
ReplyDeleteyou are hands down probably the sweetest blogger out there. no joke. you are always uplifting and positive and your "strawberry" detail on my ornament made me tear up. i am so happy to have found you in this blog world, i only hope someday we can meet in person, too!
ReplyDeletethank you diana for being YOU!
xoxo
You're so lovely, lady. Glad you're back.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful tribute Diana - i had a tear in my eye reading that and as Jacin said you really are one of the sweetest bloggers out there, always positive, always something sweet to say. As I get older I realise its really hard to always be so kind.
ReplyDeleteOhh that is such a sweet post and I totally agree, Reese is so wonderful! Hope you are having a great week so far, darling. Talk to you soon! Muah
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I am just reading this....what a lovely post. How can anyone with such a kind heart as yours not be surrounded by a bunch of great friends? I guess, they do not know how to recognize your wonderful characteristics....their loss!
ReplyDeleteI am very pleased to have you as my "blogger" friend.
I am FINALLY catching up on blogs...and what a lovely surprise to come here and see such KIND words! Oh my goodness, you are so sweet, Diana. Thank you for the wonderful words. You are such a blessing. I feel the same way...blogging wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't for friends like you (even if I can't blog that often). Thank you for your always encouraging, always lovely friendship! I am honored that you chose me to send an ornament to. I can't wait to get it out and enjoy it next Christmas! You really are the sweetest!! Thank YOU for your friendship! Lots of love to you!
ReplyDeleteDiana...I can't believe I missed reading this post! I just saw it now for the first time. Thank you so much for including me with this lovely group of ladies. I read Shawna's blog and she's really sweet. I'll have to check these other ladies' blogs out.
ReplyDeleteI have the same idea of friendship so I really don't toss that word around as liberally as most people. I think the word "friend" is incredibly special. In my opinion, being a friend is a responsibility in itself and more people need to understand what that word truly means.
xoxo