Complain

Thursday, January 1, 2009

I have been inspired to write this post about my "word" for 2009 by the very wonderful pipscrap...please visit her site to wish her a Happy New Year!


Complain: to express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure, resentment, or grief; find fault. This is the first definition that dictionary.com gives and I find it quite accurate about myself. I seem to "find fault" in many things about my life and I find the need to "express (the) dissatisfaction" to others. I guess it has become so bad at work that the one boss jokes with me that he counts the seconds until I start to complain about something! This he says after I complained! Work isn't so bad and it definitely isn't the worst job on the planet! A few posts before this one I wrote about being blessed and feeling blessed by the wonderful people I have in my life. And I am blessed...I am blessed to still have a job with everything that is going on today...I am blessed to have a 401k and health benefits and a job that helps pay the bills and pay for our wedding. I also "find fault" about other people and once I get going about them it's as if I can't turn off my mouth! Mostly these are people who upset me...but for 2009 I'm just going to let it go and not complain about these people...they are never going to change who they are...and complaining doesn't help anyone! This year I intend to look on the bright side of life...and find the hidden beauty within everything.

2 comments:

  1. Amen..it is so hard not to complain..especially if you know you are right;0! Great post...thought provoking for me too!
    -sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Powerful stuff D! Loves to you!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS